(This week begins a two-part series on the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. Part II of this blog will be published next week.)
Every year, the world’s most renowned winemakers, culinary luminaries, celebrity chefs and entertainment celebrities come together for the culinary world’s most spectacular weekend under a breathtaking setting at the base of Aspen Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. The event – the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen – consists of three incomparable days of wine tastings, panel discussions and cooking demonstrations by wine experts and world-class chefs. Foodies from around the world flock to Aspen for the opportunity to experience the best of the best.
This year’s event will be June 20-22, 2014… It Sells Out Every Year. So this is your Reminder!
Here is what you need to know to make your planning a snap.
- Flights are available directly to Aspen from a number of major U.S. cities.
- Many of our guests also fly in to Denver International Airport (DIA) and make the drive through the mountains to Aspen.
- Flights are also available from Grand Junction and Eagle/Vail.
- View Aspen flight information.
- Do not drink and drive under any circumstances!
- View Aspen ground transportation information.
- All buses in Aspen are free, including buses to the airport.
- All buses between Aspen and Snowmass are free.
- Rubey Park is the town’s main bus terminal and is less than one block from most F&W tents.
- For route/schedule information, call (970) 925-8484.
- All Frias Properties guests receive complimentary Aspen airport transfers (does not include the Independence Square hotel)
LODGING IN ASPEN
- Secure your lodging for the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen as soon as possible. This will ensure you have the best accommodations and the best location near the event.
- We offer more than 200 condominiums, town houses and private homes in downtown Aspen, ranging from economy to luxury, studios to 7 bedrooms. Browse Frias Properties lodging options.
- The St. Regis Residence Club and the Hyatt Grand Aspen both offer luxury lodging less than one block from the event.
- Lodge rooms available at the historic Independence Square hotel.
- All Frias guests receive complimentary passes to the Aspen Club & Spa for the duration of their stay. The Aspen Club & Spa is the valley’s premier full-service spa and workout facility. Learn more about the Aspen Club & Spa.
- You need tickets to attend the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. There are several tiers of ticket pricing. More on tickets below.
- No one under 21 is permitted in any F&W event – that includes infants, small children, and babies/toddlers in baby carriers. This includes all cooking demonstrations, seminars and grand tastings.
- No pets allowed at ant F&W event. Note: Service/working dogs are exempt from this policy.
- No smoking is allowed at any F&W event.
- Casual attire is recommended (jeans, shorts, polo shirts, sundresses, sneakers, sandals, etc.). Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.
- The weather in the mountains can vary during the summer. Please watch the weather report before you come to Aspen. It may be best to pack a light coat or jacket for early-morning or late-evening outings.
- Drink plenty of water to help adjust to the high altitude.
TICKETS AND REGISTRATION
- This year’s event will be June 20-22, 2014.
- Tickets went on sale on Dec. 4, 2013.
- Important: Tickets are not sent out to attendees in advance. You must pick up your tickets when you arrive in Aspen. See “Where to Get Tickets” in next week’s blog. Tickets are non-refundable
- To buy tickets for the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, call (877) 900-WINE or visit FoodAndWine.com/Classic
- To register for specific seminars, please call (877) 900-WINE
- Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests who have registered for the seminar are given priority. F&W recommends that you arrive 15 minutes early for your seminar to ensure you get a seat! If you have not registered, you will be accommodated on a space-available basis.
(Be sure to check back next week for Part II, where we look at the type of tickets you can buy, as well as information on how you can be an exhibitor or volunteer at the event.)