The Independence Square hotel in downtown Aspen offers convenience and location to its guests – all with the unique historic feel that only a 19th Century local landmark lodge can offer. When you stay at “The Indy,” you can take a step back in time … with all the modern conveniences of today.
Located directly on the Cooper Avenue Mall, the Independence Square hotel is only one block from the Silver Queen Gondola and Aspen Mountain. It’s also only a few steps away from the Rubey Park bus station, which provides free local bus service to the three other ski areas – Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass.
When you book your lodging at the Independence Square, you receive a number of amenities, including:
- A rooftop sun deck and hot tub with amazing views of Aspen Mountain and downtown Aspen.
- Après-ski wine reception on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during ski season.
- A free continental breakfast served daily.
- On-site check-in and front desk services.
- Daily housekeeping services.
- On-site laundry facilities.
- Ski lockers
- Business center.
- Complimentary passes to the Aspen Club & Spa, the valley’s premier full-service spa and workout facility. (Available at any Frias Properties front desk.)
If you’re looking for affordable lodging in Aspen, Frias Properties of Aspen currently has a number of hotel rooms and vacation rentals available at the Independence Square.
If you’ve never been to Aspen, you may find it hard to believe that there aren’t major hotel chains like Holiday Inn or Super 8 in downtown Aspen. Many of the rentals available for vacationers are condominiums. They are owned by individuals who rent out their property when they are not using it. This is where Frias Properties comes in. Frias handles the property management and rentals for the owner, assisting them in obtaining rentals and increasing revenue.
(If you browse Frias’ inventory of 200+ condominiums, you will notice almost all of them are condominiums or town houses, ranging from one to five bedrooms. The Independence Sqaure is different because it is closer to a “traditional” hotel, offering a lodge room similar to a hotel room – one room, one bed, a bathroom, a TV, etc.)
But, the really great thing about staying at the Independence Square is choice.
- First, every room at the Independence Square is different. Choose your decor based on your taste! With styles ranging from contemporary to classic mountain lodge, the Indy offers something for everyone!
- Second, with the location – one block to Aspen Mountain – and the access to the free bus that goes to the other three area mountains, you can ski or board wherever … whenever! Catch the bus and spend the day at one of our amazing resorts … or split your day … or split your split day! With buses leaving every 15 minutes, you’ll have the flexibility to come and go at your leisure … at no cost!
- Third, you’ll be in the heart of Aspen – within walking distance to all of Aspen’s shops, dining, arts and entertainment. Once you land at the Indy, you can walk everywhere! From breakfast, to the lifts, to après-ski, to dinner and nightlife – you won’t have to go far to experience all that Aspen has to offer.
For current Independence Square specials, CLICK HERE. (Bookmark this page and check back for updated specials!)
Comments Off on Independence Square lodge offers a unique hotel experience in Aspen