This job was posted on Oct. 10, 2021. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Maintenance Engineer reports to the assigned Maintenance Manager and Director of Operations.
This team member performs routine maintenance and responds to reported maintenance issues across multiple properties. The employee will work inside of individual managed units as well as on-site at managed buildings. This team member must have adequate client-service skills and be able to positively interact with coworkers, homeowners, and guests.
The Maintenance Engineer's primary responsibility is to follow a maintenance plan and direction from management so as to ensure asset preservation, systems functionality, and quality control within the budgetary guidelines for each property.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform property management and maintenance services for homes, condominium associations, and condominiums
- Help develop maintenance programs, short and long-range, to ensure the quality of company services
- Follow a preventative maintenance program for assigned properties
- Possess competency with basic hand and power tools including motorized snow-removal devices
- Possess basic household-plumbing knowledge, basic electrical knowledge, and a sound understanding of AV and cable systems
- Paint and do basic drywall repair
- Complete routine grounds maintenance, including landscaping and snow removal
- Use a smart phone and web application to track task completion
- Provide communication to Maintenance Manager and/or Director of Operations
- Inventory supplies and tools and report deficiencies
- Cooperate with other team members on task and projects and assist other teams/departments as needed
- Report on emergencies, special projects, or maintenance needs and provide documentation of issues (photos)
- Inspect vendor-executed work for quality and ensure it meets all contractual requirements
- Comply with governmental regulations for property management and construction
- Participate in quarterly safety training
- Use maintenance budgets to follow weekly maintenance routines
- Wear personal protective equipment as assigned
- Participate in staff meetings as needed
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To effectively perform the essential functions of this job, the individual most possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Valid driver's license and ability to qualify for company auto insurance
- Must pass background check
- Ability to speak, read, analyze, and interpret common English and/or Spanish.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or requests from homeowners, guests, and other team members
- Ability to effectively present information to management and vendors
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret company policies, procedures, and instructions
- Formal maintenance training and leadership training is ideal
Salary and Benefits
The Maintenance Engineer position is an hourly position that pays $20 - $23 per hour, depending on experience.
- Cash signing bonus
- Seasonal performance bonuses
- 401K program
- Health insurance
- Ski pass assistance
- Transportation subsidy
- Paid vacation and sick time
To apply for the Maintenance Engineer position, contact Human Resources Manager Krystal Glassier-Levy at (970) 920-2000 or Krystal@FriasProperties.com.