You are here
Information about Our Aspen Vacation Rentals
Find answers to your questions about making a vacation rental reservation during the COVID-19 pandemic. We outline our cancellation policies, travel insurance coverage, and other relevant booking information in the answers below.
We have updated our cancellation policy for winter 2020-21 to account for the uncertainty that exists surrounding COVID-19 travel restrictions.
For winter 2020-21 reservations, we will refund 90% of your reservation if notice of cancellation is made:
- Under the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Cancellation Terms (see below)
- By Nov. 15, 2020 for Christmas and New Year's rentals (100% refund)
- 14 days prior to the arrival date for all short-term condo & hotel room rentals for time periods other than Christmas and New Year's
- 30 days prior to the arrival date for all short-term private home rentals for time periods other than Christmas and New Year's
- 60 days prior to arrival for all reservations of 30 days or longer
Full forfeiture of entire amount of reservation will apply if reservation is cancelled:
- After Nov. 15 of current year for Christmas and New Year's rentals
- Within 14 days of the arrival date for all short-term condo & hotel room rentals for time periods other than Christmas and New Year's
- Within 30 days of the arrival date for all short-term private home rentals for time periods other than Christmas and New Year's
- Within 60 days of the arrival date for all reservations of 30 days or longer
If cancelled property is re-rented during the cancelled time period, refund will be made for the amount re-rented less 10%.
Please note that our fractional properties have different cancellation terms. See the Fractional section on our full Rental & Cancellation Policies page.
COVID-19 Cancellation Terms: In the case of the bulleted instances below, 90% of the gross lodging will be refunded to the guest with written notice at least 24 hours in advance of arrival:
Government-mandated travel shutdown (guest's place of residence or Aspen)
Government-mandated shutdown of lodging operations in Aspen and/or total Aspen Snowmass ski resort closure
For more information, see our full Rental & Cancellation Policies page.
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance to protect your Aspen vacation, especially during pandemic conditions. Purchase a Trip Preserver package, our choice for vacation rental travel insurance with coverage for trip cancellation and trip interruption events.
Travel insurance must be purchased before your final deposit due-date. For more information, contact our Reservations Department at (970) 920-2010 or submit an inquiry online.
Covered trip cancellation / interruption events include sickness, cancelled flights due to inclement weather, injury, etc. Additionally, below are a few specific events that may be eligible for reimbursement:
- A guest, traveling companion, or family member not traveling with the group, is diagnosed with a sickness, including COVID-19, and a physician restricts travel, the guest and /or traveling companion may be eligible for a reimbursement for their trip cancellation / interruption.
- A guest or traveling companion requiring medical services, including medical needs from COVID-19 symptoms, may be entitled to $25,000.00 of paid medical expenses for medical services incurred during their vacation stay.
- A guest or traveling companion is exposed to an infectious disease, including COVID-19, and receives a positive test accompanied by an attending physician's written restriction of travel, the guest and / or traveling companion may be eligible for a reimbursement for their trip cancellation / interruption. Please note, a self-quarantine is not a covered event.
- A guest or traveling companion experiencing a job loss after one full year of employment (excluding self- employment) may be eligible for a reimbursement for their trip cancellation/interruption.
For more information about our travel insurance, click here.
Aspen requires all overnight visitors ages 10 and older to sign a Traveler Affidavit. In addition, only members of the same household may occupy hotel rooms and vacation rentals.
We have compiled COVID-19 resources that outline how different experiences have been updated with new safety measures, from dining and shopping to skiing and snowboarding this winter. Visit our COVID-19 Updates page to learn more.
Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase lift tickets as soon as they have secured lodging and travel arrangements. (Lift tickets go on sale in late October, and the Frias Properties Concierge can assist you with your purchase.)
Advanced ticket purchases ensure access to all four mountains and will assist the resort in managing guest capacity and safety as required by state and local health authorities. Volume may be limited at any time and those who have already secured their tickets will be given priority access. It is the resort's intention to have some inventory of day lift tickets available to purchase every day of the season, but we urge you to buy in advance for the greatest peace of mind.
For more information, visit our guide to purchasing lift tickets.
Aspen Snowmass is instituting a reservation system for Ikon Passholders accessed through IkonPass.com or the Ikon Pass app. Ikon Passholders can ski when their passes permit access and must use the Ikon Pass reservation system to alert the resort when they plan to visit. The season will begin with no daily cap on the number of Ikon Pass reservations available, which means passholders can book lodging with confidence that when the reservation system opens on Nov. 9, you will be able to secure your preferred dates for skiing. Should the resort be forced to limit how many Ikon Passholders can access the mountain, we will notify guests via the app. Ikon Passholders can start making reservations on Nov. 9, 2020.
While we are not experts in this field, we have compiled some recent studies that have found air travel to be very safe during COVID-19. Read our summary here and find highlights below.
- An IATA study tallied published cases in 2020 and compared them with total air passengers during the same time period. They found that the risk of contracting the virus onboard an airplane to be in the same category as being struck by lightning.
- A study by Harvard University found that aircraft ventilation systems remove 99% of airborne viruses.
- A Department of Defense study showed evidence that, in order to receive an infectious dose of COVID-19, a mask-wearing passenger would need to fly 54 hours with an infectious person.
Yes! In addition to short-term rentals, we offer monthly and seasonal rentals. Reservations of 30 days or longer are exempt from our local tax (11.3%).
For rates, availability, and other information regarding monthly and seasonal rentals, please contact us.
Please note that our promotions are not valid for stays of 30 days or more.