17 Jul 2012
Howas your Aspen?
Aspen, Colorado, has come a long way since the ski-bum days of the 1970s. The once awhat-happens-in-Aspen-stays-in-Aspena mentality has dwindled considerably over the years, and now more than ever, this small mountain community has become a preeminent destination for families with children of all ages looking for a mountain vacation.
Looking at Aspenas community calendar of events is like looking at a childas wish list. The Winter X Games were just extended for another five years at Buttermilk Mountain just outside of Aspen. If you havenat heard of professional snowboarder and X Games legend Shaun White, itas a pretty good bet your kids have. In addition to Winter X, children of all ages also look forward to WinterskAPl, Big Air Fridays and the Summit for Life during the cold-weather months.
Oh a| have we mentioned the skiing and snowboarding yet? With four local mountains a Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass a thereas ski terrain for all skill levels. And, each resort offers some of the best ski instruction and lessons in the country.
In the warm-weather months, families flock to the Roaring Fork Valley for hiking and biking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, golfing and general sightseeing a among a long list of other activities. Maroon Bells, just outside Aspen, is one of the most visited a a photographed a places in United States. Its picturesque beauty and plethora of outdoor opportunities make it a popular destination for families.
The summers offer everything from the classic Fourth of July celebrations to unique events such as the Snowmass Balloon Festival, the Motherlode Volleyball Tournament, Ruggerfest, John Denver Week and the always-popular Jazz Aspen Snowmass events throughout the season.
And, kids love the gondola! Take a ride on the Silver Queen Gondola for activities and fun at the top of Aspen Mountain, take in a local rodeo in Snowmass or Carbondale, or enjoy sunset music at Snowmass to round out your summer getaway.
But a| letas be honest. What do kids really want? Hereas the real inside scoop:
- To fly on a plane! The Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is located right outside of town. After flying any distance with children, itas nice to not have a long drive in a car afterward! (If you do drive to Aspen, Frias can help. Book your stay in Aspen with us and youall receive on-site free parking at most properties. Does not include Independence Square hotel.)
- Take a ride in a cool car! When you book your stay with Frias Properties, you will receive free Aspen airport transportation to and from (does not include Independence Square hotel). No cab fares, no buses a most importantly, no waiting. Fly in to the Aspen airport and let us do the work!
- Do they have a pool? Sound familiar? Frias Properties offers a number of units with the amenities that kids care about a heated swimming pools, hot tubs, workout centers, condos on the mountain, condos on the river, flatscreen TVs and iPod stations!
- To do fun stuff! Our concierge desk in unmatched! When you arrive in Aspen, call or stop by our concierge office at 747 S. Galena St. a or call (970) 925-9075 a and talk with our concierge team about whatever youad like to do! From dinner reservations to group whitewater rafting trips, our concierge team is here to help!
- To be part of the Club! Every guest who books with Frias Properties of Aspen will receive complimentary passes to the Aspen Club & Spa, the valleyas premier full-service spa and workout facility.