Ullr Nights at Snowmass
Pay your respect to the Norse God of Snow, and you will be rewarded with bountiful snowfall! That's the philosophy behind the weekly winter party at Elk Camp Restaurant and Elk Camp Meadows known as Ullr Nights that takes place from 5-9 p.m. every Friday during the ski season in Snowmass. The weekly party is quickly becoming one of the most popular winter activities in the Roaring Fork Valley. This week our blog team fills you in on everything you need to know about Ullr Nights, including all of the fun activities.
Ullr Nights is a great event for friends, family and children. Start off with an evening gondola ride up to Elk Camp and take in the breathtaking views. There are a lot of different things to do once you get to the top. There's plenty of live music to dance to, and a lot of fun activities for children. And, enjoy an a la carte culinary celebration sure to please any palate.
Here are some of the fun things to do at Ullr Nights:
- Elk Camp Gondola ride
- Live music and dancing
- Ice Skating
- Snow slide
- Playing in the snow
- Guided snowshoe tour hosted by the Aspen Center for Environmental Stuides (ages 7+)
- More kids activities downstairs at The Tent
- S'mores and hot chocolate (available for purchase)
- Tubing ! - Multiple lanes are carved into The Meadows at Elk Camp, and are accessible by ski lift. All of the runs are illuminated. Voucher purchase required and reservations recommended. Tubing is $33 per person, any age. (Ullr Nights is included in tubing cost.)
- Snowbiking Tour (ages 12+) Reservations required. Must be an intermediate skier or snowboarder (Level 4+). $69, include bike, tour and lift. Minimum of one training ride and two on-mountain trail rides included. Limited to 16 participants. Weather permitting. Please wear your own ski or snowboard boots. Meet at 5 p.m. at the Snowmass Base Village Four Mountain Sports store.
Ullr Nights at Snowmass is every Friday night, usually from mid-December through April 1. The event is typically held from 5-9 p.m., with the last ride up to Elk Camp at 8:30 p.m. Cost is $9 per person and reservations are required. It's best to load into the Elk Camp Gondola at least a half an hour before your tubing session begins to make sure you arrive on time. You must present your tubing voucher at the tubing venue. All activities are weather permitting