The Aspen Art Museum has been a staple in the community since the 1970s, but in 2014, it moved downtown to a brand new building designed by famed architect Shigeru Ban. This stunning work of art houses various exhibitions throughout the year and the SO Cafe on the top floor is one of Aspen's lunch hot spots.
Local Tip: Free guided tours of the museum and its exhibits are offered Wednesdays and Saturdays at 1 p.m.
Summer 2019 Exhibits
- Margaret Kilgallen: that's where the beauty is. - Through June 9
- Nina Katchadourian: Twitchers and Cheaters - Through June 16
- Gabriel Rico: The Discipline of the Cave - Through June 16
- Etel Adnan: Each day is a whole world - Beginning May 28
- Walter Price: We passed like ships in the night - Beginning May 28
- Oscar Tuazon: Fire Worship - Beginning June 7
- Erika Verzutti: Venus Yogini - Beginning June 7
- John Armleder - Beginning July 4
- Rashid Johnson: The Hikers - Beginning July 4
Movies at the Museum
- June 19 - From the Outside in Maudie at 7 p.m.
- June 26 - Black Orpheus at 8 p.m.
- July 26 - Romeo & Juliet at 8 p.m.
- August 21 - Native Son at 8 p.m.