Summer Literary Festival
As one of the nation's most prestigious literary workshop and festival, Aspen Summer Words is a six day celebration of stories, words, and ideas.
Join authors, literary agents, editors and other prominent literary figures for intimate advanced workshops where they will share their extensive knowledge in topics ranging from and introduction to the craft of writing to develop a manuscript for publication. There will also be a number of public panel discussions, readings and receptions, as well as the Aspen Words Annual Benefit Dinner.
The event is June 16 - 21, 2019. And the 2019 Benefit Dinner's honorary guest and speaker is Susan Orlean, author of the recently published The Library Book and renown journalist for The New Yorker magazine.
2019 Summer Words Public Events
All events will take place at The Gant or Belly Up.
Monday, June 17
- Crafting Memorable Characters and Compelling Dialogue | 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Writing Your Way Around the Globe | 5:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 18
- The Business of Being a Writer | 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tayari Jones on Social Justice, the Writing Life and Oprah | 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday, June 19
- Summer Benefit @ The Hotel Jerome | 6 p.m.
Thursday, June 20
- The Takewaway | 4 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.