23 Oct 2013
Ther is never a dull moment when the sun goes down in Aspen, Colorado. Consistently ranked tops in nightlife, Aspen and Snowmass offer more than 100 bars, night clubs and restaurants. Couple that with billiards, jazz clubs, dancing, coffee houses and local watering holes, and there is something for everyone. Great musicians love Aspen, as represented by the wicked live music scene year-round at outdoor and indoor venues throughout the valley. Every weekend, there is someone different rocking the house, from Mumford & Sons to Keith Urban to Tech N9ne. This week, our blog team takes a closer look at the Top 5 Nightlife Experiences in Aspen That You Don't Want To Miss. Here we go:
#5 The Finer Things. With luxury brands like the Hyatt Grand, Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis Residence Club in town, there's plenty of options for a luxury night out on the town for a couple or group. Take it to the next level by visiting the high-end clubs:
- The Caribou Club Often considered America's #1 private club. (970) 925-2929.
- The Bar at the Little Nell - Great apres-ski and fresh seafood bar (970) 920-4600.
- Shadow Mountain Lounge at the St. Regis - Offering cocktails, aperitifs, wines and a selection of domestic and imported beers daily. (970) 920-3300.
- The Grape Bar at the Hyatt Grand Aspen - Live music three nights a week and a wide variety of quality wines and tequilas. (970) 920-9463.
- The Regal Watering Hole - Upscale and chic bar is considered aEUoeAspen casual.aEU Bottle service available. (970) 925-4567.
#4 Act Like A Local. Want to hang with the locals? Maybe the high-brow lifestyle isn't quite your thing. You're a man of the people! Check out these establishments to hang with the locals:
- Aspen Brewing Company - The valley's microbrewery with a wide selection of craft brews. (970) 920-BREW.
- Zane's Tavern - Two locations: one in Aspen, one in Snowmass. Great local pubs!
- The Red Onion - Aspen's historic watering hole is open again! Located on the downtown mall. (970) 925-9955.
- Justice Snow's - Located in the historic Wheeler Opera House building. (970) 429-8192
#3 Fun & Games. Looking to kick back and smoke that fine cigar? How about shooting a game of stick? Billiards or pool, anyone? Check out Eric's Bar and The Cigar Bar, located at 315 E. Hyman Ave. This unique experience offers both an elegant smoking a drinking room with fine cigars and liquors as well as a nonsmoking bar with 14 beers on tap and over 50 single malt Scotches. Newly expanded! (970) 920-6707.
#2 Around the World in Aspen. Ready to take a trip around the world in about four square blocks? Aspen offers a number of fine world cuisine dining experiences, all within walking distance! Tantilize your tastebuds with these choices:
- Mezzaluna- Italian cuisine with indoor and outdoor seating during season. (970) 925-5882.
- Finbarr's Irish Pub & Kitchen - Offering Irish-inspired dishes. Located on the downtown mall. Open late. (970) 925-2719.
- New York Pizza - Big New York-style slices along with subs and beer on tap. Open late. (970) 920-3088.
- CafA(c) Ink - International coffees, teas and espresso. Bagels, specialty breads, sandwiches and smoothies available. (970) 544-0588.
- Paradise Bakery -Fresh-baked cookies muffins and Italian-style ice cream. Located on the downtown mall and on the mall in Snowmass. (970) 923-4712.
#1 Belly Up For Great Music. The Belly Up Aspen is the town's hot spot for music. Recently voted the #16 Best Club in America to see a show by Rolling Stone magazine. The Belly Up hosts musical talent from around the world including acts such as: Ben Harper, Snoop Dogg, Lynard Skynard, ZZ Top, Social Distortion, B.B. King, Chris Isaac, Public Enemy and Michael Franti & Spearhead. When you arrive in Aspen, be sure to check the Belly Up Aspen calendar for upcoming shows. It's always best to buy your tickets early for great shows! As always, we are here to assist you in your vacation planning. Browse properties now. Call one of our vacation specialists at (800) 542-7736 to talk about vacation options now! All Frias guests receive complimentary passes to the Aspen Club & Spa, the valley's premier full-service spa and workout facility.