3 Nov 2022
When you spend Thanksgiving in Aspen, there are many things to be grateful for: family, health, and our greatest tradition – the first day of the ski season! The spectacular beauty of our ski mountains and the thrill of the first run down Aspen Mountain or Snowmass is a treat for locals and visitors alike. And gathering in your spacious vacation rental for a pre-dinner toast or a full Thanksgiving meal is the icing on the cake!
Early season storms have set up favorable conditions for opening day, with a series of snow events and cold temperatures that are ideal for snowmaking.
WHY SPEND THANKSGIVING IN ASPEN
The week of Thanksgiving is one of the best times to visit Aspen, as the mountains open for the year and everyone dusts off their winter toys. Our guests get to experience all that Aspen has to offer before the Christmas and New Year's crowds descend: exceptional dining, winter activities for all ages and skills, and an opportunity to relax and unwind with those you love in the splendor of Aspen's natural surroundings.
Thanksgiving is a time of family, friends, and celebration, and Aspen activity providers are eager to host winter's first guests. Take a break from the slopes with a snowshoe tour through the pristine forests at Ashcroft or through the Hunter Creek Valley. Or behold the beauty of the famous Maroon Bells on a snowmobile tour starting at T-Lazy-7 Ranch (snowpack permitting). Even a casual stroll through the West End to admire Aspen's Victorian architecture is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
For skiing and snowboarding, purchase your lift tickets with our concierge at least seven days in advance to save on window rates. We can also coordinate your equipment rentals and lessons.
The Main Event: The Thanksgiving Meal
Even while on vacation, you won't want to miss the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Whether you want to eat in or dine out, there is no shortage of options. Contact our concierge to request restaurant reservations!
Dining Out in Aspen this Thanksgiving
Aspen restaurants offer the same wonderful ambiance and delicious cuisine, but safety measures are in place and require more space between tables, capacity limits, and guests to wear masks when entering, leaving, and moving about. We recommend contacting our concierge as early as possible if you're hoping to dine out on Thanksgiving!
- Element 47 will host a three-course dinner with gourmet twists on traditional Thanksgiving favorites. Seating is available from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. with prices starting at $150 per adult and $50 per child. Wine pairing is available, starting at $100 per guest. Learn more >>
- Ajax Tavern offers a Thanksgiving menu in addition to its regular menu. The Thanksgiving dinner includes festive entrees and family-style sides as well as pumpkin pie or fall-spiced verrine for dessert. Seating is available from 5 p.m. – 19 p.m. and prices start at $55 per guest. Learn more >>
- Prospect at Hotel Jerome celebrates Thanksgiving with a four-course "Harvest Feast" menu that blends traditional Thanksgiving and modern Jerome fare to evoke the spirit of "then and now." Reservations of parties of 1 to 8 must be pre-paid and cost $55 for children under 12 to $145 per adult.
- Plato's at Aspen Meadows Resort invites families to indulge in a decadent meal that includes a first-course salad, main-course turkey roulade with gravy and cranberry chutney, four sides to share, and pumpkin pie. Reservations may be made for seatings between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. and are $105 per adult, $50 per child, complimentary for children under 2. Learn more >>
Additional fine-dining restaurants open on Thanksgiving include:
- Betula Aspen
- Casa D Angelo
- Casa Tua
- Catch Steak
- Clark's Oyster Bar
- French Alpine Bistro
- Las Montanas
- Meat & Cheese
- The Monarch
- Velvet Buck
Eating In on Thanksgiving in Aspen
While traveling during the holidays usually means eating out, that doesn't have to be the case when you rent a condominium or luxury private home from Frias Properties. With a full kitchen, dining area, and living room, a vacation rental makes it easy to celebrate Thanksgiving your way with family and friends, without having to worry about where to sit, cook, eat, and lounge.
Many places around town offer festive Thanksgiving meals packaged and ready to be picked up.
- Butcher's Block is the best place to order your Thanksgiving turkey in Aspen, offering a fine selection of organic meats. Pick up specialty cheeses for your hour devours hour!
- Mawa's Kitchen brings a private-chef feel to your Thanksgiving table. Pre-order your entire meal or choose a la carte sides to impress your friends and family. Learn more >>
- Jour de Fete provides home-cooked sides to Aspen's dinner tables on Thanksgiving, including their signature French desserts and American classics.
STAY WITH FRIAS PROPERTIES THIS THANKSGIVING
Skip the stress of hosting a holiday, and stay with Frias Properties of Aspen. Our centrally located vacation rentals are ideal for family gatherings with full kitchens, dining areas, and spacious living rooms. Contact us to start planning your Thanksgiving getaway today.