This Thanksgiving in Aspen, we will be grateful for our families, our health, and our greatest tradition - the first day of the ski season!
The spectacular beauty of our ski mountains and the thrill of the first run down Aspen Mountain or Snowmass is a treat for locals and visitors alike. While this year has brought about changes in our small mountain town, there are still exciting activities to enjoy with family and friends as well as excellent food and (hopefully) lots of snow.
WHY SPEND THANKSGIVING 2020 IN ASPEN
The week of Thanksgiving is one of the best times to visit Aspen, as the mountains open for the year and everyone dusts off their winter toys. Our guests get to experience all that Aspen has to offer before the Christmas and New Year's crowds descend: family-friendly dining, safe activities for all ages and skills, and an opportunity to relax and unwind with those you love in the splendor of Aspen's natural surroundings.
Thanksgiving is a time of family, friends, and celebration, and this year is no different as our ski area operators and activity providers adjust their offerings to ensure guest safety. From cross-country skiing and snowshoeing to skiing and snowboarding, we expect to enjoy our classic winter pastimes as soon as the snowpack is set.
For skiing and snowboarding, purchase your lift tickets with our concierge to ensure access to our four mountains. We can also coordinate your rentals and lessons, and when you book by Dec. 4, 2020, you save 15% on lift tickets, lessons, and equipment rentals!
Take a break from the slopes with a snowshoe tour through the pristine forests at Ashcroft or through the Hunter Creek Valley. Or behold the beauty of the famous Maroon Bells on a snowmobile tour starting at T-Lazy-7 Ranch (snowpack permitting). Even a casual stroll through the West End to admire Aspen's Victorian architecture is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
The Main Event: The Thanksgiving Meal
Even while on vacation, you won't want to miss the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Whether you want to eat in or dine out, there is no shortage of options.
Contact our concierge to request restaurant reservations!
Dining Out in Aspen this Thanksgiving
Aspen restaurants offer the same wonderful ambiance and delicious cuisine, but safety measures are in place and require more space between tables, capacity limits, and guests to wear masks when entering, leaving, and moving about. We recommend contacting our concierge as early as possible if you're hoping to dine out on Thanksgiving!
- Element 47 will host a three-course dinner with gourmet twists on traditional Thanksgiving favorites. Seating is available from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. with prices starting at $100 per adult and $50 per child. Wine pairing is available, starting at $65 per guest. Learn more >>
- Ajax Tavern offers a two-course Thanksgiving menu in addition to its regular menu. The Thanksgiving dinner includes festive entrees and family-style sides as well as pumpkin pie or fall-spiced verrine for dessert. Seating is available from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. and prices start at $50 per guest. Learn more >>
- Prospector at Hotel Jerome celebrates Thanksgiving in elegant style with tables of eight available for reservations and an indulgent family-style meal. Price starts at $1,200 per table. Contact our concierge for additional information >>
Additional fine-dining restaurants open on Thanksgiving include:
- Betula Aspen
- Casa Tua
- Chef's Club
- Clark's Oyster Bar
- French Alpine Bistro
- The Monarch
- Willow Creek Bistro at Aspen Highlands
Eating In on Thanksgiving in Aspen
While traveling during the holidays usually means eating out, that doesn't have to be the case when you rent a condominium or luxury private home from Frias Properties. With a full kitchen, dining area, and living room, a vacation rental makes it easy to celebrate Thanksgiving your way with family and friends, without having to worry about where to sit, cook, eat, and lounge.
Many places around town offer festive Thanksgiving meals packaged and ready to be picked up.
- Butcher's Block is the best place to order your Thanksgiving turkey in Aspen, offering a fine selection of organic meats. Pick up specialty cheeses for your hour devours hour!
- Jimmy's offers a renowned Thanksgiving meal, sized for large families or small groups. Pre-order your family-style sliced turkey or ham and choice of shareable side dishes plus a whole apple or pumpkin pie.
- Mawa's Kitchen brings a private-chef feel to your Thanksgiving table. Pre-order your entire meal or choose a la carte sides to impress your friends and family. Learn more >>
- Jour de Fete provides home-cooked sides to Aspen's dinner tables on Thanksgiving, including their signature French desserts and American classics.
- Hotel Jerome chefs are preparing take-home feasts, with delivery available. The meal features a centerpiece turkey as well as traditional sides like corn pudding and baked Yukon gold potato puree. Price is $600 for a meal that feeds 8 - 10 people (excludes tax and delivery).
STAY WITH FRIAS PROPERTIES THIS THANKSGIVING
Skip the stress of hosting a holiday, and stay with Frias Properties of Aspen. Our centrally located vacation rentals are ideal for family gatherings with full kitchens, dining areas, and spacious living rooms.
We understand that your decision to travel during this time is not taken lightly. We have updated our guest safety procedures, which include rigorous housekeeping services, contact-free check-ins/check-outs, and socially distanced maintenance support. In addition, our Concierge can help you navigate Aspen's updated safety protocols and get the most out of your stay.
Contact us to start planning your Thanksgiving getaway today.