30 Oct 2012
Planning the perfect Aspen, Colorado, vacation getaway can be a daunting task for many - primarily based on the fact that there's so much to do in Aspen. This mountain wonderland offers so many activities during the winter, it's hard to wrangle them all into one vacation. So how do you make plans and not miss anything? This week our blog team sat down with Frias Properties Group Sales Manager, Lisa Jennings, to get the Top 5 must-dos in Aspen.
5. SIT IN A HOT TUB WHILE IT SNOWS Visit the Sky Hotel and 39 Degrees and use their public hot tub, or a hot tub at your complex.A Guests who book their vacation with Frias Properties have the option of a number of local hot tubs. Our vacation rental properties including the Durant Condominiums, Fasching Haus, Chateau Eau Claire and Chateau Roaring Fork, and Chateau Chaumont offer hot tubs right out your doorstep!A Our luxury brands offer them as well - the Hyatt Grand Aspen, the Ritz-Carlton Club and the St. Regis Residences. (Click a link to view Frias' lodging options!) "Now all you need is a glass of wine and some snowfall to have the perfect afternoon post skiing," Lisa says. 4. EXPLORE THE OUTDOORS For those who prefer off-the-slope activities, we have a multitude of other ways to enjoy the snow and winter sunshine.A Snowmobiling tours are offered at two different locations in Aspen.A For the beginners and young at heart, check out T-Lazy-7 Ranch offering tours up towards Maroon Bells.A Western Adventures offers tours through the back countryside with amazing views. If you need more help planning outdoor adventures, contact the Frias Properties concierge desk at (970) 925-9075 or CLICK HERE to view our concierge page. 3. SHOP 'TILL YOU DROP! No matter your budget or interest, one can always find a store to meet your needs in downtown Aspen.A Aspen has local boutiques, high-end designer stores, and multiple consignment stores.A You will recognize many of the popular brand names including:
- Louis Vuitton
- Ralph Lauren USA
- J Crew
"One of my favorites is Pitkin County Dry Goods," Lisa says. "Be sure to catch their twice-yearly sale." 2. WINE & DINE There are a variety of different restaurants to choose from in Aspen and itaEU(tm)s rare to get a bad meal.A ThereaEU(tm)s something for everyone whether you are in the mood for a quick bite before the slopes, or a leisurely family dinner.A Many restaurants offer special prix fixe (or "fixed price") menus during certain times of the year, allowing guests to try a variety of food options. "DonaEU(tm)t miss the great happy hour specials that many restaurants offer or the more reasonably priced bar menus," Lisa says. "After skiing - or aprA"s-skiing as Aspenites like to call it - visit the local bars for some appetizers and a drink to relax after your day on the mountain." CLICK HERE to view some of Frias' top picks for local restaurants. Call our concierge desk at (970) 925-9075 to make your reservations anywhere in town!
1. HIT THE SLOPES C'mon, baby, it's Aspen! When you think Aspen, you think skiing and snowboarding. The X Games. The lifestyle. Aspen features four area ski mountains aEU" Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass. Each has its own characteristics and personality. From greens to double black diamonds, thereaEU(tm)s something for every experience level.
- Aspen Mountain aEU" with the Silver Queen Gondola located in downtown Aspen aEU" is famous for its majestic terrain as well as its on-mountain restaurants and activities.
- Aspen Highlands ski area covers more than 1,000 acres, with 36 percent rated expert.
- Buttermilk labels 35 percent of its trails as aEUoebeginner.aEU
- Snowmass features a variety of wide-open terrain as well as three terrain parks, a super pipe and a beginner pipe. A Plus, thereaEU(tm)s free bus service from Aspen to all the area ski mountains!
For more skiing and snowboarding info, CLICK HERE. "You can't go wrong at any of the four local mountains," Lisa says. "Each one offers something different, depending on what kind of mood you are in."