When planning an Aspen ski vacation, there are many items to check off the to-do list: flights, lodging, restaurant reservations, equipment rentals, lessons, and more. But perhaps the most essential piece of the puzzle is deciding how you will access to the ski slopes.
Unlike the old days when you would walk up to the ticket office and purchase your one-day lift ticket, Aspen Snowmass skiers now have a variety of options for accessing our four ski areas, all of which should be purchased in advance.
Read on to understand the differences between lift tickets and ski passes to see which product is right for you.
All uphill skiers must purchase and display an Uphill Pass ($69 or included with a Premier Pass). See the official uphilling routes and policies in Aspen Snowmass >>
Aspen Snowmass Season Passes
Season passes are not the right choice for visitors, unless they are spending the entire ski season in Aspen. If that's the case, visitors should consider how many days per week and how many days total they are hoping to ski. If it's more than two days per week or more than 14 days during the season, a Premier Pass is their best bet. (Some locals purchase Alpine Passes which include one-day or two-day-a-week access as well as discounts to add days.)
Season passes have variable pricing based on when you purchase them. Buy them early for the lowest price, and don't forget to add insurance!
Multi-Resort Ski Passes with Access to Aspen Snowmass
Recommended for second-homeowners and visitors who frequent another ski resort, Aspen Snowmass is part of the Mountain Collective Pass, Ikon Pass, and the Colorado Ski Country Gold Pass.
MOUNTAIN COLLECTIVE PASS | $599
Mountain Collective Passholders receive two days of skiing at 25 destinations, including Aspen Snowmass. Additional days can be purchased at 50% off. There are no blackout dates!
IKON PASS | $1,069 - $1,179
The Ikon Pass comes at four different levels of access, but only the top two provide access to Aspen Snowmass ski areas.
- Ikon Pass: This pass grants skiers 7 days of skiing at 39 destinations, including Aspen Snowmass, as well as unlimited skiing at 14 resorts. There are no blackout dates for this pass, and the pass comes with ten 25% off vouchers that can be used for friends & family or additional days.
- Ikon Base Plus Pass: Skiers can purchase a $150 upgrade to the Ikon Base Pass to add access to Aspen Snowmass. Passholders receive 5 days of skiing at Aspen Snowmass and 28 other destinations plus unlimited skiing at 13 resorts. This pass is blacked out during dates over the holidays, X Games, and Presidents' Week. Passholders receive eight 25% off vouchers that can be used for friends & family or additional days.
COLORADO SKI COUNTRY GOLD PASS | $3,550
The CSC Gold Pass gives skiers access to 20 CSC member ski areas including the Aspen Snowmass ski resorts and many other world-class destinations like Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and Telluride. The Gold Pass is transferable but can only be used once a day per person and at one ski area per day. There are no blackout dates and no residency restrictions, i.e., you don't have to live in Colorado to purchase one!
Aspen Snowmass Lift Tickets
A tried-and-true solution for visitors, Aspen Snowmass lift tickets are best for those skiing between one and 12 days. They are easy to purchase, transfer, and use to access all four ski areas. Lift ticket prices are now posted for the 2022-23 ski season, and visitors can find savings by following these tips:
- Purchase your lift tickets at least 7 days in advance to save on walk-up rates.
- Ski more, save more! Per-day rates are discounted when you buy multiple days.
- Kids 6 and under ski free! Plus, children 17 and under and seniors 65 or older receive special pricing on lift tickets.
Aspen Snowmass offers a "Lift Ticket Guarantee" that makes it easy to return unused days or transfer credit to another skier.
Let Us Handle Your Lift Ticket Details
Our concierge team can purchase lift tickets in advance at a discounted price and have them waiting for guests at arrival. After you have booked your vacation rental, send the following information to Concierge (at) FriasProperties (dot) com.
- Full names of all skiers
- Number of days you'd like to ski and first day of skiing
- Birthdates of any children 17 and under or seniors 65 or older
(These age groups receive discounted rates.)
We hope to see you this winter!
Start planning your Aspen ski vacation by searching our vacation rentals online or browsing our winter lodging deals. If you'd like help selecting your rental, contact our Aspen-based reservations team here.
All prices were accurate as of the publishing date: Oct. 11, 2022. Information may change, and we recommend checking with the selling party for the most accurate pricing, deadlines, and details.