While Aspen summers are known for marquee festivals and special events, our weekly calendar is full of activity, and our vacation rental guests enjoy the availability of recurring events that celebrate everything from music and history to our Western roots and natural surroundings. With so many choices, we have broken down our recurring events by the day of the week. Read on to see our picks!
Aspen summer events on Mondays
- Mountain Top Yoga - While not exclusive to Mondays -- yoga on top of Aspen Mountain is offered five days a week this year -- it is a great way to start your week! Plus, the fresh air at 11,200 feet is pretty special.
- Meet Aspen's Trees - Every Monday afternoon, the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) offers a walk through Aspen from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. to get to know the firs, birches, and other tree types that make up Aspen's tree life.
Aspen summer events on Tuesdays
- Morning Birding - ACES hosts a birding group every Tuesday morning throughout the summer. From 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., see all the avian wildlife that call Aspen home!
- Farm to Table Dining - Summer nights are meant for spending time with family and friends, and Elk Camp Restaurant atop Snowmass ski area serves as the perfect setting. Chef Jim Butchard cooks up a feast with foods all locally sourced. There is also live music and lawn games from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- West End Walking Tour - The Aspen Historical Society offers multiple tours on varying days of the week throughout the summer. One of our favorites is a walking tour through the historic West End neighborhood of Aspen.
Aspen summer events on Wednesdays
- Snowmass Rodeo - For 45 years running, the rodeo in Snowmass has been a summer tradition. From barrel racing to bull riding to roping, spectators will love this Western tradition. The BBQ starts at 5 p.m., and the action starts at 7 p.m.
- Music Tent
The Aspen Philharmonic Orchestra plays each Wednesday at the Benedict Music Tent at 6 p.m. Reserve your tickets for inside the tent to experience the incredible accoustics, or pack a picnic and sit outside to enjoy the ambient sounds under the aspen trees.
Aspen summer events on Thursdays
- Converse with Artists - Starting July 12 and running for six weeks, Anderson Ranch Arts Center hosts artsits, critics, and collectors in conversation with attendees and one another. Conversations start at 12:30 p.m. and are a great way to spend a lunch break!
- Dance at Fanny Hill - Snowmass hosts free outdoor concerts on Thursdays with shows all summer long at 6:30 p.m. Pack a picnic and your dancing shoes because the summer bands will have you moving.
Aspen summer events on Fridays
- Enjoy happy hour, al fresco - Friday nights are free in Aspen with recurring events rarely scheduled. Most locals and visitors enjoy Aspen's outdoor dining scene where Happy Hour menus are served from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Aspen Music Festival and School students practice on street corners.
Aspen summer events on Saturdays
- Run with Friends - Each Saturday morning at 8 a.m., a local 5K Parkrun takes off from the Aspen Recreation Center and winds through picturesque trails. The run is free, but pre-registration is encouraged. Runners grab coffee at the Pantry at the ARC together after.
- Aspen Saturday Market - Shop and enjoy the Saturday Market every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in downtown Aspen. Artisans, farmers, local organizations and more are on site delivering Colorado hand-grown and hand-made items to locals and visitors alike.
- Classical Saturdays atop Aspen Mountain - Every Saturday at 1 p.m. through mid-August, Aspen Music Festival and School students perform in an idyllic setting at 11,000 feet. Pack a picnic, bring a blanket, and enjoy!
Aspen summer events on Sundays
- Bluegrass Sundays atop Aspen Mountain - Bluegrass concerts take place each Sunday throughout the summer on the top of Aspen Mountain from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Drinks and food are available from the Sundeck, and many activities for kids are provided.
- Music on the lawn - If you're seeking more sweet sounds, there's more free music to be had at the Benedict Music Tent starting at 4 p.m. Spread out a blanket, crack a bottle of wine, and enjoy classical music as it rustles through the Aspen leaves.
If you are inspired to spend a perfect week in Aspen, start planning your trip today. Start by viewing our vacation rentals online, or get condo recommendations from our Aspen-based reservations specialists.