As we approach opening day, we have a flurry of news to share about Aspen Snowmass and the coming season. Browse the sections below to learn about our new and renovated vacation rentals, airport news, Aspen Snowmass on-mountain operating plans, cultural happenings, and restaurant openings.
NEW & RENOVATED ASPEN VACATION RENTALS
NEW: 505 PARK CIRCLE
Luxury Rated | 4 Bedrooms, 5.5 Bathrooms, 6+ blocks to lifts
This luxurious townhouse is located on a sunny high point in east Aspen, close to hiking trails and near a stop on the free town shuttle route. The home is designed in mountain-contemporary style and is highlighted by beautiful views from towering windows and two private outdoor spaces. Details >>
NEW: 315 PARK AVENUE
Luxury Rated | 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, 6+ blocks to lifts
Never before offered as a rental, this luxury townhouse is situated at the river's bend and is architecturally designed to maximize incredible views. Guests enjoy the entertainer's kitchen that opens to the top-floor living area as well as the private hot tub and home gym. Details >>
RENOVATED: FASCHING HAUS 390
Luxury Rated | 2 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms, 2 blocks to lifts
Already one of our most requested rentals, this penthouse condo boasts new living room furniture and artwork throughout. Guests love this condo's sun-filled open floor plan, luxury finishes, and privacy. Details >>
RENOVATED: CHATEAU ROARING FORK 21
Deluxe Rated | 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, 4 blocks to lifts
New furniture enlivens this deluxe townhouse that overlooks the Roaring Fork River. Guests enjoy the open floorplan, wood-burning fireplace, and private balcony with river views. Details >>
RENOVATED: CHATEAU EAU CLAIRE 20
Deluxe Rated | 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, 5 blocks to lifts
This river-level condo received thoughtful furniture updates last summer, and guests enjoy a new, comfortable couch and dining table with seating for six. The amazing river views haven't changed! Details >>
RENOVATED: ALPENBLICK 18
Deluxe Rated | 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, 2 blocks to lifts
While the excellent location has not changed, this condo's furnishings have been updated to host families and friends in downtown comfort. Details >>
NEW FLIGHTS INTO ASPEN AIRPORT
Major airlines have increased air service into Aspen / Pitkin County Airport (ASE) for winter 2021-22.
- American Airlines extended their service between Aspen and Austin, Texas for the holiday season (Dec. 16, 2021 - Jan. 3, 2022).
- United Airlines has launched a new non-stop daily flight between Orange County / Santa Ana Airport (SNA) and Aspen this winter between Dec. 16, 2021 and March 26, 2022.
For the most up-to-date information about air service, visit the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport website.
New this winter, uphiller must purchase and display an Uphill Pass ($69, free for Premier Pass holders). In addition, there are new specified routes and policies. Please review them here.
Aspen Snowmass has announced their COVID-19 safety precautions the 2021-22 ski season. All Aspen Snowmass employees are required to be vaccinated, and guests must show proof of vaccination to visit the following restaurants and experiences:
- Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro (including the outdoor deck area)
- Alpin Room Restaurant at High Alpine
- Sam's Restaurant (for sit-down dining)
- Lynn Britt Cabin (indoor dining)
- Limelight Hotel indoor dining (Aspen and Snowmass locations)
- The Little Nell indoor dining
- Powder Tours
- Aspen Mountain Club
- Snowmass Mountain Club
- Equipment rental deliveries from Four Mountain Sports
Vaccines are not required for lift or uphill access, ski and snowboard lessons, market-style restaurants, rental shops, or ticket offices.
Masks are required in indoor public spaces (including gondolas and tented areas) for all vaccinated and unvaccinated guests while you're not actively eating or drinking. Single-layer buffs or perforated masks are not accepted forms of face coverings. Masks are not required in outdoor settings unless there is a local mandate put in place.
Social distancing is recommended, and, where feasible, "ghost lanes" will be provided in lift lines. Currently, there are no plans to operate at reduced capacity, but Aspen Snowmass retains the option to change procedures and rules if needed.
For the most updated on-mountain information, visit AspenSnowmass.com
The New Alpin Room on Snowmass
At the top of the Alpine Springs lift on Snowmass, the new Alpin Room invites diners to experience a fresh approach to Alps-inspired cuisine in a beautiful alpine setting. Open for breakfast and lunch, with reservations recommended. Learn more >>
New Leaf, Same Roots
You may notice that the Aspen Snowmass logo looks a bit different this winter. Aspen Snowmass has launched a "brand renewal," with the new logo representing just the tip of the iceberg. The logo update embraces Herbert Bayer's original 1946 Aspen Ski Corp. design and the company's intersection of culture, nature, and recreation. Learn more about the brand renewal here >>
ARTS & CULTURE HAPPENINGS
Aspen Snowmass is celebrating 75 years of skiing!
This ski season marks the 75th anniversary of skiing in Aspen, and Aspen Snowmass is presenting a series of activities and events that celebrate the four mountains' heritage and history. Follow along on social media and look for fun ways to participate while you're visiting! Learn more about this winter's celebrations here >>
The Aspen Art Museum presents Andy Warhol: Lifetimes, Dec. 3, 2021 - March 27, 2022
As the sole venue in the United States, Aspen Art Museum presents this major retrospective on the work of Andy Warhol. The exhibit opens Dec. 3 and represents a homecoming for Warhol who maintained a close connection with the city of Aspen and the many creatives who lived here during his lifetime. See details >>
ASPEN DINING NEWS
Aspen's restaurant scene has undergone some big changes in the last year with mainstays like Pinons, The Red Onion, Jimmy's, and L'Hostaria closing. While locals and visitors will dearly miss the aforementioned favorites, there are some exciting dining debuts to note this winter:
- Casa D'Angelo opened in July 2021 in the former Pinon's space. This authentic Italian restaurant is under the direction of Chef/Owner Angelo Elia and Executive Chef Mark Connell. (105 S. Mill St., casa-d-angelo.com/aspen)
- Catch Steak is opening early winter 2021. With another location in New York City, this famous seafood restaurant will surely bring incredible ambiance to the 10,000-square-foot rooftop space at the corner of Galena Street and Hopkins Avenue (formerly Aspen Kitchen). (515 E. Hopkins Ave., catchsteakrestaurants.com)
- Chica is opening December 2021 in slopeside space at the Residences at The Little Nell (across Gondola Plaza from Ajax Tavern). Offering a "celebration of Latin flavors" by celebrity chef Lorena Garcia, Chica's menu will feature vibrant Latin American cuisine plus a dynamic wine and cocktail program. (501 E. Dean St., chicarestaurant.com/aspen)
- Dante, in partnership with Montauk's Surf Lodge, has moved to the Chef's Club at St. Regis Aspen Resort. From June 2021 through June 2022, guests can enjoy Italian coastal cuisine for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Bonus: there's a Negroni fountain! (315 E. Dean St., www.danteaspen.com)
- Felix Roasting Co. has taken up residency in the light-filled eastern corner of the Hotel Jerome. This beautiful cafe serves signature hot and cold beverages, delicate bites, and an extensive menu of specialty drinks, each infused with house-made non-dairy milks, proprietary syrups, and custom spice blends. (103 S. Mill Street, FelixRoastingCo.com)
Are you inspired to visit Aspen this winter?
There's much more to discover in Aspen this winter, and we hope you will join us! Start planning your winter getaway by browsing our Aspen vacation rentals or by contacting our Aspen-based reservations specialists. We hope to see you on the slopes!