You are here
Yet another way to reach beautiful backcountry zones around Aspen, snowshoeing is an easy activity to pick up without any experience. There are several areas to explore, and guided tours are available.
NATURALIST-LED SNOWSHOE TOURS
Aspen Center for Environmental Science (ACES) offers naturalist-led snowshoe tours atop Aspen Mountain and Snowmass daily. Participants explore beautiful, remote trails on a 2.5-mile route and learn about a range of topics, including local wildlife, mountain ecology, Aspen history, avalanche science, and more.
Alternatively, ACES also leads four-hour snowshoe tours at Ashcroft, a pristine nature preserve at the end of Castle Creek Road. The tour includes a memorable lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse!
Aspen Mountain & Snowmass Tour Information
Meander through beautiful forests and reach stunning viewpoints on this 2.5-mile, leisurely snowshoe tour.
- Offered daily, mid-December through the end of the ski season (snow permitting)
- Tours meet at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the top of the Aspen Mountain Gondola or the top of the Elk Camp Gondola. Please allow for 30 minutes to ride the gondola to the meeting place.
- Snowshoes are provided, and guests should wear warm, waterproof clothing and winter boots.
- Participants must be 7 years old or older.
- Reservations are not required, but participants must purchase tickets at the Aspen Snowmass ticket office, which include the gondola ride to the top of Aspen Mountain and Snowmass.
Ashcroft Snowshoe Tour Details
Journey to the end of the Castle Creek Valley and through a pristine nature preserve, stopping for lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse, on this four-hour snowshoe tour led by a naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES).
- This tour operates daily from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. starting in mid-December.
- Reservations are required and can be made by calling ACES at (970) 925-5756.
- Tour includes an Ashcroft trail pass, equipment rentals, a naturalist guide, and a prix fixe lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Cost is $165 per person, and there is a two-person minimum.
Questions? Contact the Frias Properties Concierge for more recommendations or to reserve your Aspen snowshoeing experience.